The Mental Health and Wellness website was developed in response to feedback from students, faculty, and staff indicating a need for a centralized place of resources available on our campus. The site is also designed to help users identify their concerns and connect you to the best resource for those concerns.
Mental health, wellness, access and accommodation resources are complex, can overlap, and can be addressed on the individual, social, and institutional levels. This site aims to be both specific and flexible enough to get you connected to the right resources to address your concerns.
If you are in crisis, call the 24-HOUR CRISIS LINE at (217) 359-4141.
We want to hear from you
As we continue to improve this website, we would like to hear about your experience.
We welcome your feedback to improve this website. Please provide feedback by completing this short survey. Consider letting us know about missing resources or your experience navigating the website.
We urge you not to use this feedback portal to share personal or confidential information about yourself or another person. Your feedback goes to a non-confidential form, which is monitored Monday through Friday.
For general questions about this site, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. This email address is monitored Monday through Friday during normal business hours. Please do not use this email to share personal or confidential information about yourself or another person.
Core Campus Resources
- The Counseling Center 217-333-3704
- McKinley Health Services – Mental Health Program 217-333-2700
- Faculty/Staff Assistance Services 217-244-5312
- Campus Wellbeing Services 217-265-9355
24 Hour Resources
- Rosecrance Local Crisis Line (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Treatment) 217-359-4141 TTY: 217-352-4217
- Faculty/Staff Assistance Services Crisis Line for University Employees 217-244-7739
- The Trevor Lifeline (Suicide Prevention for LGBTQ Youth) 866-4-U-TREVOR
- Rape Advocacy, Counseling, and Education Services (RACES) 217-384-4444
- Domestic Violence Hotline 877-384-4390
- Suicide & Crisis Lifeline Call or text 988 or chat 988lifeline.org
- UIPD Response, Evaluation and Crisis Help (REACH) 911 for emergencies and 217-333-1216 for non-emergencies
After Hours Support
- Emergency Dean After Hours Support for Health and Safety Emergencies for Students