Room 206, Student Services Building, 610 E. John St., Champaign
Counseling Center services are designed to help students address many of the academic, relational, social, and emotional concerns they face. Our staff is trained and prepared to help you through whatever issues you may need assistance with, whether it be mental health issues like depression and anxiety, or academic issues such as time management and studying skills, or adjustment issues such as a transition to college, roommate problems, and homesickness.
We offer individual counseling, group counseling, community referrals, and an array of educational programming.
Make an appointment: Call 217-333-3704 or make an appointment online.
In the embedded model, Counseling Center clinicians are housed in a specific department or college of the university. Embedded counselors primarily offer counseling services to students within the department or college they serve. In so doing, they are able to better understand the unique needs of students in the areas where they are based. Research indicates students feel more comfortable with and find it more convenient to see someone in their own academic unit or residence hall.
By meeting students where they are throughout campus, the Illinois embedded program has received positive feedback from students, faculty, and administrators and has grown each year.
Learn more about and see the full list of embedded counselors. Email the counselor to make an appointment with them.
Core Campus Resources
- The Counseling Center 217-333-3704
- McKinley Health Services – Mental Health Program 217-333-2700
- Faculty/Staff Assistance Services 217-244-5312
- Campus Wellbeing Services 217-265-9355
24 Hour Resources
- Rosecrance Local Crisis Line (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Treatment) 217-359-4141 TTY: 217-352-4217
- Faculty/Staff Assistance Services Crisis Line for University Employees 217-244-7739
- The Trevor Lifeline (Suicide Prevention for LGBTQ Youth) 866-4-U-TREVOR
- Rape Advocacy, Counseling, and Education Services (RACES) 217-384-4444
- Domestic Violence Hotline 877-384-4390
- Suicide & Crisis Lifeline Call or text 988 or chat 988lifeline.org
- UIPD Response, Evaluation and Crisis Help (REACH) 911 for emergencies and 217-333-1216 for non-emergencies
After Hours Support
- Emergency Dean After Hours Support for Health and Safety Emergencies for Students