Faculty & Staff: Financial Assistance
Child of Employee Tuition Waiver
An employee’s child who attends the University of Illinois or an eligible Illinois Senior Public University may be eligible for the Child of Employee 50 Percent Tuition Waiver.
Go to https://www.hr.uillinois.edu/myinfo, then go to the “My Education” box and click on “Tuition Waivers,” then select either “Attending University of Illinois” or “Attending Other Illinois Senior Public University.”
Employee Tuition Waiver
Academic Professional, Faculty, Civil Service employees, and retirees may be eligible for an employee tuition waiver from any of the three University of Illinois campuses (UIC, UIS, or Urbana-Champaign). In addition to attending one of the University of Illinois campuses, active Civil Service employees can attend other State Universities Civil Service Institutions.
Faculty/Staff Emergency Fund
Faculty Staff Assistance Services
Appointments 217-244-5312, Crisis Line 217-244-7739
The Illinois Faculty and Staff Emergency Fund was conceived by concerned faculty and staff for the sole purpose of financially assisting other faculty and staff in times of crisis.
Donate a vacation or sick day to a pool, then the pool can be used by anyone that has donated, if they run out of vacation or sick time when a disability claim is pending before the State Universities Retirement System (SURS) or when experiencing a catastrophic injury or illness, depending on the type of employee.
Academic employees can contact AHRsharedbenefits@illinois.edu with questions about shared benefits.
By being employed by the University of Illinois, you may be eligible for discounts on computers, accessories, and other electronic items.
Sponsored by University of Illinois Extension, the Money Mentors program is a network of trained volunteers who work one-on-one with individuals who request help with personal money management. Money Mentors are available to meet with participants online or by phone.
Core Campus Resources
- The Counseling Center 217-333-3704
- McKinley Health Services – Mental Health Program 217-333-2700
- Faculty/Staff Assistance Services 217-244-5312
- Campus Wellbeing Services 217-265-9355
24 Hour Resources
- Rosecrance Local Crisis Line (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Treatment) 217-359-4141 TTY: 217-352-4217
- Faculty/Staff Assistance Services Crisis Line for University Employees 217-244-7739
- The Trevor Lifeline (Suicide Prevention for LGBTQ Youth) 866-4-U-TREVOR
- Rape Advocacy, Counseling, and Education Services (RACES) 217-384-4444
- Domestic Violence Hotline 877-384-4390
- Suicide & Crisis Lifeline Call or text 988 or chat 988lifeline.org
- UIPD Response, Evaluation and Crisis Help (REACH) 911 for emergencies and 217-333-1216 for non-emergencies
After Hours Support
- Emergency Dean After Hours Support for Health and Safety Emergencies for Students