Fitness & Recreation
Campus Recreation works to empower students to strive for health and wellness while maintaining a sense of balance. Achieving and sustaining wellness is an active and dynamic process which involves becoming aware of and taking steps toward a healthier, happier, and more satisfying life.
The Illini Union enriches students’ academic experience by building an inclusive community and providing growth and developmental opportunities through engaging programs, outstanding services, and purposeful employment.
Students can meet one-on-one with a fitness health educator to learn about developing an exercise plan, strength equipment demonstrations and personal fitness assessments including body composition, resting heart rate, blood pressure, and strength and flexibility measurements. Fitness workshops are available upon request.
Core Campus Resources
- The Counseling Center 217-333-3704
- McKinley Health Services – Mental Health Program 217-333-2700
- Faculty/Staff Assistance Services 217-244-5312
- Campus Wellbeing Services 217-265-9355
24 Hour Resources
- Rosecrance Local Crisis Line (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Treatment) 217-359-4141 TTY: 217-352-4217
- Faculty/Staff Assistance Services Crisis Line for University Employees 217-244-7739
- The Trevor Lifeline (Suicide Prevention for LGBTQ Youth) 866-4-U-TREVOR
- Rape Advocacy, Counseling, and Education Services (RACES) 217-384-4444
- Domestic Violence Hotline 877-384-4390
- Suicide & Crisis Lifeline Call or text 988 or chat 988lifeline.org
- UIPD Response, Evaluation and Crisis Help (REACH) 911 for emergencies and 217-333-1216 for non-emergencies
After Hours Support
- Emergency Dean After Hours Support for Health and Safety Emergencies for Students